The Newfoundland and Labrador eResource Portal (NL ERP) is a free service to all residents of and visitors to Newfoundland and Labrador. In order access the NL eResource Portal you will need a Newfoundland and Labrador library card. If you don't already have library card, getting one is very easy!
Just go to any of our 96 public libraries located accross Newfoundland & Labrador, and ask the librarian on site that you would like to register for a library card or register online by clicking the Register online now button and then clicking on the New User button on our catalogue.
Do you already have a NL Public Libraries Librarycard:
If you already have a Newfoundland and Labrador library card, you are already on you way. To access the resources, enter your barcode number in the username field at the top of the site, and enter you pin number into the password field, and click the green button next to the password field. As long as your library card is still valid, you will be able to access the system.
To get a library card you need the following:
- One piece of identification with a photo and uniquie identification number (NL Driver's License, Student Id, or valid passport).
- Those under 13 years of age need a parent or guarantor to sign the registration form, and to assume the legal responsibility for materials borrowed from the Library.
With your new library card you can:
- Check out books, magazines, ebooks,audiobooks, DVDs, music CDs for free.
- Search,renew and place holds on library materials online through our online catalogue.
- Obtain materials or resouces from out of province libraries through our inter-library loan service*.
- Free Internet access through our province wide wireless network, or use our in library computer terminals.
- Utilize fax, and printing services *.
- Take part in special programs, presentations, and training sessions for free.
- and much more
* Not all services are free. Some services such as faxing, printing, inter-library loans, etc., have small fees. Late, lost and damaged materials are subject to late and replacement fee.